Mechanics of composite materials
Syllabus of the Mechanics of composite materials course
- Composite materials (Dr.Cabrnoch) Lec1 Lec2
- Mechanics, Hooke's law, Monoclinic material, Orthotropic material pdf1
- Plane stress of an orthotropic material pdf2
- 2D vector Cartesian transformation, Transformation of Voigt stress and strain vectors, Stiffness and Compliance matrix transformation pdf3 3D transformation
- Composite micromechanics — Effective material properties pdf4
- Strength theories for filamentary composite material (Dr.Padovec en, cz, tutorial-cz, tutorial-en))
- Composite laminate pdf5
- Classical lamination theory pdf pdf6
- FEA of composites (Viktor Kulíšek): cz en
- Laminated composite plate buckling
- Beam of two materials pdf8
- Reinforced concrete beam pdf9
- Thermal stresses in composite beams and plates thermalPlus.pdf pdf Rec—Michael Andrango
- Wound composite beams — Euler-Bernoulli theory/Timoshenko theory pdf11
- Torsion of laminate tubes with thin-walled closed cross-section torsion0.pdf
- Sandwich beam theory pdf10
- Sandwich plate theory Rec—Zdeněk Padovec
- Experiments on composites (Dr.Doubrava, eng)
- Past Experiences and Future Trends for Composites (Dr.Uher)
- Any book on Mechanics of composite materials
- Laš, V.: Mechanika kompozitních materiálů, ZČU v Plzni, Plzeň, 2008.
- Mechanics of composite materials with MATLAB by G.Z. Voyiadjis, P.I. Kattan
- Tomáš Mareš: Lecture notes incomplete
- Šejnoha, M., Zeman, J.: Micromechanics in Practice, WIT Press, Southampton, 2013.
- Kollár, L.P., Springer, G.S.: Mechanics of Composite Structures, Cambridge University Press, New York, 2003.
- Barbero, E.J.: Introduction to Composite Materials Design Second Edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2011.
- Kassapoglu, Ch.: Design and Analysis of Composite Structures With Application to Aerospace Structures, Wiley and sons, Chichester, 2013.
- Gibson, R.F.: Principles of Composite Materials Mechanics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2012.
- Gay, D.: Composite Materials Design and Applications, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2014.
- ISO, ASTM, EN, DIN, CSN standards
Materials for tutorials
Sample of Exam Questions
- What is a composite material? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- What is a sandwich? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- What is Mechanics? Why to study mechanics of composite material? What are the specifics of mechanics of composite material?
- What is a Hooke's law? What characterizes the monoclinic material and the orthotropic material?
- Write down the Hooke's law of an orthotropic material in the principal (main) coordinate system of the orthotropy.
- 2D vector Cartesian transformation, Transformation of Voigt stress and strain vectors, Stiffness and Compliance matrix transformation
- Define Effective material properties. Derive mixture rules for chosen material characteristics.
- Strength theories for filamentary composite material.
- What is a composite laminate? What characterizes a laminated plate?
- Describe Classical lamination theory. What are the properties of a laminate with B=0?
- Describe the analysis of a beam of two materials and of a reinforced concrete beam.
- What are the peculiarities of FEA of composites?
- How to perform experiments on composite materials?